Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Superheros Day

This is A. who is staying with me as she gets set up in LA LA LAND. This picture was taken last month for Halloween.

I think A actually has a schedule crazier than me but despite that, she actually was one of seven people that helped me coordinate keeping my sanity on this carless day. She loaned me her car for a few hours to teach my students. I give props to H. J. A. F. J & J and Mr. AAA from the towing company.

My starter died and I was marooned at my apartment yesterday. I cancelled my teaching day and waited and waited AND waited for the towing company to sort me out. Well they delayed me three hours because they thought I was fine stranded at home... and then someone parked too close to my car that the towing guy couldn't get my car out.

I consoled myself with making rootbeer floats. Stress reduction beverage.. I had 2 glasses.

Today, H. picked me up for BSF class... my car was sandwiched until past lunch time when Mr. AAA was able to sort me out. We got my car to F by 2pm who put my car on priority and J. came out to take me back home so that A. can loan her car and I can go teach J. E. & N.

I'm indulging in my letters... at this point... ANYWAY,

F. fixed my car for pick up by 6pm... so sweet!... I stopped by between students to pay and collect the key. I am now sitting home waiting from J & J to collect me and reunite me with my car so that I may drive it back home...

A. had to leave to go bartend at some rap artist's birthday party in Hollywood to help out another friend who has a catering business for celebrities.

I am still collecting myself... I think I would've been in pieces... PIECES!! today if I hadn't had my friends help smooth out the rough day.... Everyone happily showed up to play my superhero today.

I love my friends.

JNET

No comments:

Post a Comment