Thursday, November 10, 2005

Word Up: Making Sacrifices

This week's BSF study covered Genesis chapters EIGHT and NINE...

I read a lot on new beginnings this past week as I contemplated the new beginnings of my life.

Noah's world must've been quite surreal.

Life seems that way to me many times. Being open to possibility means being welcome to spontaneity and change. Lately that door to the life unknown has compelled me to travel new corridors. This year has certainly had me engaged in activity and opportunity.

I may not have experienced devastation and floods but my personal setbacks of this past year's life drama and adventure has brought me to the same place Noah stood in chapter EIGHT.

An altar.

A place to stand and recognize the power of God and understand grace. And I find that this place where I stand to live, to create, becomes the space where constant offering brings a constant beginning.

We discussed what types of offerings there are...and what would life be like in choosing to live a life that offers "sacrifices to God."

I think if deflated of the spirit of my passion and inspiration.. or taken from the cornerstone of spirit, I'd be a pretty darn lazy daisy baby. Maybe I'd live a very safe and predictable life shaped by insecurity and doubt... apathetic.

That's what life might feel if I didn't choose to live out my offerings of creativity in music and expression, my offering of my humanity; my brokenness and my wholeness, my offering of my world and all the loved ones that make for living stones of a spiritual house.

In living a life of constant offering, I experience a constant beginning; a constant newness. The setbacks of yesterdays becomes a mere prologue to an adventure of learning and experience. And I choose to celebrate being alive in the mystery of life. Life is like a dream... or maybe life is a dream in the creating.

It is a choice to be at the altar of life. It is a choice to create it. It is a choice to make an offering.

JNET

No comments:

Post a Comment