Friday, November 25, 2005

WORD UP: Evolutions of Faithfulness

This past week's BSF study had me sitting at the table of thought for a while.

We rounded up our study of Genesis ONE through ELEVEN....as well as traveled in many spots of the Bible for thought-provoking snacks.

The journey of "faith" from the beginning of THE BOOK has inspired me to think of my own evolutions of awareness in growing up as a spiritual traveler. I thought I'd map out a few thoughts... maybe I'll learn something about myself and my life...

Faith in Eden -

A faith that understood simply out of love and obedience... simple and innocent...a place where everything is beautiful and perfect... It's a faith that delights in intention that is unassuming and accepting.. where coloring life can be about the blue crayon or the purple crayon and you didn't need to draw within the lines.. A faith that simply expresses by being...

Also such innocence is vulnerable to the blue-crayon despising dragon who likes to tell stories of how IT (LIFE) really is... making one to fidget under the sheer cover of naivete.

The Faith of Abel... Enoch... Noah

Without a manual to connect to the God frequency, there were those who made a stand to listen, live and follow closely to instruction written to hearts celebrating relating... faith that is stalked by dark shadows... faith that envelops and transfigures... faith that withstands uncertainty, fears, and ridicule

Faith is not just knowing, not just believing..

It is a profound action and way of being that opens doors beyond imagination.

A particular verse that struck me this week during our study:

1 John 3:2... allow me to paraphrase...

Dear friends, now we are children of God,
and what we will be has not yet been made known.
But we know that when God appears, we shall be like God,
for we shall see God as God is

Faith in not just knowing, not just believing... it is transforming... and it has my imagination going wondering what it will be like...

What will WE be like..

that "has not yet been made known"

Interesting..

JNET

No comments:

Post a Comment