Thursday, November 3, 2005

Is it the English Tea or Am I Afraid to Dream?

I had my meltdown yesterday. I cancelled my evening appointments and took off my supergirl outfit.

Though I was not physically tired, I knew I had come to the end of my rope. I was feeling stretched and keeping my composure was becoming difficult. I needed to sit with myself and not be needed by anyone... and not be useful or helpful to anyone.

My problem is that I don't know when I'm tired. As long as I can think, I'll push myself. I'll finally collapse when I can't read or write or think of another word. Normally I would have more free time and so I would take a slower pace... stick in a boardgame, take a hike, enjoy a leisure read in bed... practice more piano.

So, I thought I would be better at looking after myself... but I've dashed that pursuit for today... over a cup of tea... the caffeine... my 7pm student's mom made a cup of tea for me... it was great but wow... I'm still sitting with it. I had a good day... though I stared at Final Draft feeling like an absolutely lost monkey. Tomorrow... I'll find a way to make it a better day.

My day begins at 7:30am... in 4 hours. I'd like to hope for a nap after my class before I go teaching and off to dance rehearsal... My day ends at 10pm.

I feel useless right now and my focus is higgly piggly. Now, I am only beginning to feel the tea wear out.... I'm going to have to be more careful about drinking any caffeine or having any sweets.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:16:00 PM

    I'm so sorry to hear that you had to take off your supergirl suit. Remember, every super girl needs time to restore her powers. Living in L A is like living in Kryptonite Kingdom.

    I always find the need to take off my supergirl suit after volunteering with families who are desperately in need of help, but I just can't make a difference as one single volunteer. I worked with a family yesterday who had a child with Down's syndrome and a child with a spastic colon. The father worked as a janitor and the mother worked a a housekeeper for a small motel. It's so hard to see them struggle.

    Well, keep up the good fight.

    ReplyDelete