Tuesday, August 1, 2006

Not Naked Enough?




I find it interesting that no matter how vulnerable and in the space of naked truth I stand, it is still found questionable. Afterall, there REALLY must be something else behind me, something absolutely dark and with ulterior motives.

If I am happy, it's "wrong and not fair to someone else." If the way that I present myself is not in the exact way someone wants and they want to be even more privy, it's judged that I "have trust issues." If I say that I think Life is perfect and that I even see within the dark moments space to feel alive and passionate, I am questioned about my confidence.

Am I the party pooper or am I being pooped on?

"Just who do you think you are, Miss Little Girl?" someone asked last week. At first I wanted to clock him because I didn't like feeling wrong for me being myself. But I got that I wasn't his style and maybe I seem like an alien being in comparison to the world of people in his life.

"I'm being myself."

With everyone having so many styles and different sets of expectations, it makes sense that I live my style and not live for the sake of meeting someone else's expectations. People can be frivolous anyway and change their mind as to what makes them happy and ANYWAY, everyone is growing up and trying to figure out life. We're ALL in our own personal soups.

Thankfully these abrasive moments meet the balm of true friends around me who know how to listen to my nakedness with a bit more grace than the person stepping on my toes. I actually make them happy and that makes friendship conducive. I wish these conflict lovers would get a clue. Oh well.

Here's to the mystery of life.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:54:00 AM

    This blog swims, screams, dances and prods. Sometimes all at the same time. Fun, interesting, lovely and provocative

    PDM

    ReplyDelete