Sunday, August 20, 2006

Why Would Anyone Want to Play or Bend Reality?

For someone who rarely touches coffee and soda pops, someone who doesn't care for cigarettes and prefers natural highs over altered states, someone whose alchohol vocabulary is limited to ordering drinks by color...

I feel like PURPLE today... Can you make me a purple cocktail???

I would think that I am an unlikely voice for mind altering substances.

But what do you do when you see something change someone's life? Something out of the ordinary? I debate writing about it. The world is too simple and judgemental.

Who needs to hear a story about transformation where families re-connect and lives are regained... when the hunger is for misery and pain? Who wants to hear about doctors going against popular politics because they are saving lives by unconventional means?

Somehow in the sane-ness that is my life, I have intersected at a junction that looks like insanity to the common mind but is a portal of possibility under another realm.

I am the girl who doesn't drink coffee and doesn't care about the latest fashion cocktail. I've never done acid and being on LSD meant that I was literally driving up Lakeshore Drive.

Shall I share what is on my mind? I debate with myself... How narrow is my mind?

And ...

How narrow is your mind?

More thoughts to come....

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:30:00 PM

    interesting post....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:31:00 PM

    it raises questions of moral ambiguity, that grey area between right and wrong. what is this you speak of?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:32:00 PM

    just read your entry on bending reality and your pondering if you should share.

    I'd say sure, please do.

    At least here, you'll always find an open, interested mind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1:05:00 PM

    I like the juxtaposition of the intellectual girl next door and the potential mind-altering drug taker

    definitely got me hooked, no pun intended :)

    N

    ReplyDelete