Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Because He Taught Me How To Listen




I haven't connected with the mathematician in a while.

I had been travelling and working... as well as visiting with family as projects and rehearsal schedules gave space. Is it possible to love someone, miss them... and then get too busy to feel sad? I've been excited and in love with my life and don't feel a need to validate my joy through him or anyone.

I do think of him everyday and hope all is well with him and his studies. He's listened to me like these dandelions that carry wishes away with them. He is so intentional, on purpose and committed to meeting his goals. And I know he is joyful in his solitude as he maintains his focus and builds his future.

And so I write, dance, and practice Albeniz putting my wishes out into the universe. I live, breathe and dream my life in the freedom that I was borne into to think and create. I can only practice trusting in the beauty of life.

Sometimes I cry and feel tired in my frustrations and get passionately caught up in distractions. But never too long to cloud my sense of vision..

Mystic's conversations were interesting and intriguing this past week... We talked about pursuing dreams this week and that they were things that you don't walk away from but rather choose every day despite moods and opinion. I don't know his dreams, his purpose, sense of integrity and intention like the mathematician. But his friendship is valuable and insistent.

And so I listen... like the dandelion that listens for my dreams. These songs we all play from inside are precious.

Because he taught me how to listen

3 comments:

  1. Princess, you are constantly at work with God creating your reality, your dreams and your desires. It may seem that the things we crave are sooo far away, or that the time for them has past. But that's the beauty of being co-creator with God. He gives us the desires of our heart. Take solace in knowing that the things in life you yearn for will one day come to you ... like dandelion spores ... simply and unexpected. Write on, Princess!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your friendship with Mystic is amazing, I always have troubles in having friends from the other gender, It's complicated to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think all my friendship are amazing.

    But yes, the ones with the opposite sex are especially poignant and complicated. It is not without its troubles and tears.

    ReplyDelete