Monday, August 21, 2006

Un-Narrowing a Space for Conversation


by HD .

Does being a down-to-earth type mean passing on the curiosity and intrigue of altered states?

Life IS a mind game that sobers and intoxicates. Isn't simply living and breathing a perpetual complex chemical process? Then mind-altering drugs is not about issues of right and wrong but rather about being beneficial versus not being beneficial.

As a non-chemical girl, this seems like a logical conclusion.

I don't have a huge reputation nor history of drug experimentation. Does that invalidate my opinion to share my thoughts and my curiosity to observe?

I am the girl who takes vitamins, listens to classical music, and goes to church. To some, those are terms to distrust and deem someone as conservative and intolerant. A helpful euphemism sometimes used is "naive". Doesn't that mildly undermine and blindsight one's self from seeing thinkers that don't necessarily live a lifestlye of chemical experimentation?

If your thoughts bring about prejudices, are you aware of them enough to thank them for their opinion and allow yourself to think freely of your own opinion for a moment?

How narrow is my mind?

How narrow is your mind?

How free is my mind?

How free is your mind?

Am I an unlikely voice for mind altering substances?

I saw something change someone's life. Something out of the ordinary. As I debate writing about it, I wonder if the world is too simple and judgemental to care. Who needs to hear a story about transformation where families re-connect and lives are regained... when the hunger is for misery and pain? Who wants to hear about doctors going against popular politics because they are saving lives by unconventional means?

Somehow in the sane-ness that is my life, I have intersected at a junction that looks like insanity to the common mind but is a portal of possibility under another realm.

Can I un-narrow a space for conversation?

More thoughts to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment