Sunday, August 27, 2006

Silence Interrupted


Sitting, waiting, wishing, originally uploaded by NebulaskiN.

I didn't play the piano today. I sat there this morning and simply listened to silence. It seemed to be the right thing to do before leaving for Kay's memorial service.

A very intimate group of 20 friends and family members gathered at the beach. It was perfect that such an artistic and quirky lady like Kay should be celebrated and remembered at her favorite lively place in Malibu. Stories were shared in tribute and my morning silence became tearful laughter with the sound of ocean waves crashing.

It was a beautiful and sad day.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:19:00 PM

    I am glad your service was nice. I am sure she was pleased.

    Please have a nice day..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:45:00 PM

    Jnet!! Im so glad things are better.. I have a hard time with death. Meaning I know we all have a limited time on this earth I have the hardest time with what happens after...

    Anyway Im sorry for your loss.

    I give you {{Hugs}}

    RK

    ReplyDelete