Saturday, August 26, 2006

My Daily Meditation


In the spotlight, originally uploaded by Krishna Rama.

This is where I begin my mornings.

I go straight to the piano and sit there for an hour and find my voice. I don't listen to the news. I don't listen to pop radio. I don't know the traffic report.

I'm in my pajamas. I'm in pigtails, a ponytail, or have my hair back in a bandana. I'm in my favorite place.

I'm in my head. And I mostly don't speak to a soul for several hours.

While everyone sits at an altar of morning doomsday news, traffic and weather report praying, getting their groove on ; this piano is where I begin.

I have 95% of Cordoba memorized. I begin it as my meditation every morning and end my day with it as well.

What would the world be like if they began their days in the same fashion? I stopped listening to the world's noise.. it's hard to keep up with and it is exhausting. Instead, I begin the day with the intention of creating myself, creating something out of nothing, following dots on a piece of paper... not following dots...

And simply sounding my favorite thoughts for my first hour.

4 comments:

  1. Good Morning JNET !

    I Either start my day with slow music (Fairoz if you know her) or with Heavy Metal Music , depends on the mood :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:59:00 PM

    awesome writing style

    your words just flow rhythmically

    you could almost be a scorpio :-)

    Ken

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:15:00 PM

    jnet. thank you for your site. i always enjoy stopping by. it tends to cheer me up

    Bryce

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:18:00 PM

    I admire your wake up method... your love of music is beautiful

    ReplyDelete