Tuesday, May 1, 2007

My Three Crushes


"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

Aristotle


Aside from my epic crush with the mathematician, I've entertained two minor crushes this past month; one with my dentist and the other with CH who lead the seminar I attended recently. The minor crushes in reality are pie in the sky and are fun to entertain. I get to learn a bit more about myself without taking life too seriously. (Though I seriously would love it if mr. epic crush would be done with school, have time to fall madly in love with me, marry me and be the one I share my applesauce with in my later years.)

Sorry, I digressed. Back to my minor crushes that I am enjoying so that I can study my own patterns of thought. What do all these crushes have in common? Dark hair, fit bodies, read and study voraciously, (oooolala factor) sensitive to details and nuances, compassionate toward people, ambitious and excited in their work and well loved and respected among their friends and colleagues.

I was only a face in the crowd to one. I was simply there as a witness and participant. The other one which my friends are enjoying, my schoolgirlish crush on my dentist, is fun and he is taken. Putting my crushes all together, I find that I am taken in by guys that are fully passionate and engaged in their life work and have created a balance with personal life making them very lovable people.

It's good to understand these formulas... There are lessons in crushes and no one had to get hurt to learn them.

JNET

No comments:

Post a Comment