Monday, April 30, 2007

Why Aren't YOU Dating?


"At the first kiss
I felt something melt inside me that hurt in an exquisite way.
All my longings, all my dreams and sweet anguish,
All the secrets that slept deep within me came awake,
Everything was transformed and enchanted,
everything made sense."

Hermann Hesse

Princess N and I are writing up our first blogradio segment. Seeing that "dating" is our favorite tenuous subject to tackle and that we have polarizing opinions over the topic, we thought it might make for an interesting show.

With my enjoy life and the sanity that singleness affords me, I've had debate with love warriors who claim that I am a nonsentimental goodbye girl. Goodbye Mystic, goodbye ABC, goodbye Mr. B, goodbye dear 3 kings...etc... It was brought up among the sisterhood lastnight, why aren't they dating at all and why do I have a silly parade that I let walk on by.

Something truly exquisite... that's what I want. It's easy to not mourn my solititude when I know my prospects are very far from a dream I have in my heart. I won't embrace an arbitrary affair, love that is not amazing in its simplist form of friendship, conversation that is meant to humor away loneliness rather than celebrate a unique human being.

What is the most terrifying thing to me a friend asked this weekend...

LOVE... the one who's kiss will melt me in an exquisite way, enchanting and transforming me. I met him once and I liked how he scared the wits out of me.

I've not loved anyone from the parade this past year due to lack of chemistry and the strongest sense of not having mutual feelings. The friendships may have a slight enchantment but no true spell over me and I believe the reverse is true for them. It's not confusing to me to know that they are not the one. It's not sad or dramatic and I've created respectful friendships that I walked away from and redefined without conflicts.

And so the search continues for the one that makes "everything make sense" and thrillingly, enchant the unknown.

JNET

No comments:

Post a Comment