Sunday, May 13, 2007

Turnabout


The boo hoo week took an about face Friday.

L and I decided to get all Betsey Johnson'd out. G picked us up to go people watching at The Club Bar in Beverly Hills. We had an amusing night. It was a gorgeous and un-stuffy night and The Club made my list of favorite places to chill.

I am adding two new places for tonight. Senor Fred's and Firefly. I enjoyed another evening out.. this time in my neighborhood. One of my bestfriends, E, flew in today from the other side of the country.

E flew out to support his bestfriend, Joey, who is performing in Dancing With The Stars. And though Joey joined us for dinner, the star of the evening was E. E who was the boy next door, big brother, best friend who pulled me away from my piano and demanded that I get fresh air when he thought I was being a bit too reclusive. Until he moved east a couple of years ago, he was the co-host of every house party I had... who vacuumed and took out the trash and made sure everyone was sober to drive away safely at the end of the evening.,

We became instant friends the day we met and I found that he grew up a block away from my aunt and uncle and knew them very well.

J: "Well then, you have to be very nice to me... or your parents will hear all about it."

I love it when the world turns out so small and connected. About a dozen friends were re-united this Saturday evening. It felt like a family reunion... full of laughter, generousity, love... and a tinge of bittersweetness in knowing we only have a few days together. And of course, we're proud of Joey... though exhausted, made a point to come out and be with friends and contribute to the silliness.

Anyway, thank you Joey for bringing E back to this side of the coast.


joey fatone & kym johnson




jive

1 comment:

  1. nice blog and good design and the pic was simply super and please visit my blog if you feel free

    http://santa-reviews.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete