Tuesday, May 15, 2007

The Knights Around My Table

"You are a timid little mouse."

Such was a happy birthday greeting yesterday from someone that I had chosen to refuse affections from. I am often bullied in such a manner. I stand my ground and stubbornly hold my own choosing solitude.... even if someone "offers" the world before my feet.

The sentiment didn't suit me... He might as well had said "Happy Birthday, you stupid mouse!" I have a tiny list of such "well wishers."

The world IS before my feet and though I find myself in these surreal moments of discomfort being bullied and baited. It is easy to take on the fight and dry my tears.

There is a saying behind every great man/woman is a great man/woman. I have quite a kingdom of wonderful people that makes for leaving bullies at the gate very VERY easy. It is easy to ignore "promises" of "the good life" when a life is already abundant. And it all began at home with two brothers and a mother who are all very generous in love, encouragement and many countless ways.

My close friends are an extension of what my family taught me. I experience loyalty, respect, generousity and gratitude daily.... and a whole lot of fun. I am surrounded by knights and a royal court.

Contrary to someone's narrow opinion, I am not a timid mouse. Do timid mice celebrate life like a banquet?

JNET

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:21:00 PM

    I want to apologize to you. I cant help but start to truly learn about myself and finally hear you. I read your words about me. You are so right...and I am so wrong and clueless. I am sorry for bullying you with untrue words. I couldnt face you. I will listen now...and if able will try to be a better friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:23:00 PM

    Happy Post birthday jnet! You are quite right; don't give in to anyone who bullies you with patronizing names. I am single at almost 40 and some people think that's a horrible fate, but honestly, while I'd love to be in a great romance, I'd rather be walking alone than limping through the heart breaking disappointment of a mediocre relationship. Get out into the world and meet people but don't settle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:24:00 PM

    I love that you celebrate life "as a Banquet...". May your moments be always filled with Joy & Delight. The Love expressed through your family is a blessing and a true gift in these chaotic times.

    Happy Birthday!

    in Love & Friendship,
    Bill~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:37:00 AM

    Hi Jnet

    I love reading your words. I don't usually read pages with lots of written stuff, but you are exceptional. You really know how to express your most honest feelings.

    When I try to do that it comes over all complicated & neurotic.
    You are an inspiration.

    Love
    Steven

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous12:22:00 PM

    Hola Jeanette,

    I'm sorry I can't be there to celebrate your birthday but i hope you have a great time with all your good friends and make it a night to remember!

    O and I just wanted to thank you for another year of inspiration.

    Tu amigo mejor,

    JC

    ReplyDelete