Friday, April 6, 2007

Goodbyes and Hellos


Ambivalence is not someone to become bestfriends with and courting time with Indecision is a great way to lose one's self... literally.

Not wanting to take Mr. B down a garden path and undoing myself in the process, I got off the fence and left the garden. I feel so much better.

Curiously, distractions come bolting through the garden as soon as I tried to take leave with my happy decision. The phone rang and a ghost of Christmas past said hello.

"How's the sexist woman in the universe?" a vaguely familiar voice with an unfamilar phone number said...

It wasn't exactly the most trustworthy voice... later identifed as the infamous X.

"How's your girlfriend?"

"What girlfriend?"

"The one you go home to every night and sleep with and just bought a house with girlfriend."

"You know all about that?"

(When you attend a very tiny private school, people sometimes keep you caught up with news you don't care to know. Jnetsworld manages to be vast and yet very small at the same time. I'm enjoying the paradox.)

I had to laugh within myself.

Is the devil stupid or what? I just said goodbye to ambivalence and just wanted to sit with myself to think.

I won the short joust. The doorbell rang and I was literally saved by the bell and another goodbye was followed by a new hello.

When Life throws such uncanny tests, I wonder if it is God making a wink.

JNET

No comments:

Post a Comment