Thursday, April 26, 2007

Within the Eternal Space


"Time is too slow for those who wait, too swift for those who fear,
too long for those who grieve, too short for those who rejoice,
but for those who love,
time is eternity."

Henry Van Dyke

The mathematician... the mathematician....

I visited this place of eternity with him. That place where time stops and moves quickly. How? Why? I usually travel alone and yet he managed a seat next to me. He still manages to do so and I haven't seen him in a while. Why am I still traveling alone and why did I meet him?

I can have my fill of life and be blessed with my tea cup overflowing; emptied and filled again with new people and experiences and yet, the mathematician is that quietest voice I hear. And it makes me laugh like I'm watching a pink bunny with batteries before me. But my pink bunny doesn't just pace mechanically and aimlessly. It dances, sings, plays, writes and sleeps peaceably full of dreams.

How amusing and very sweet. Has he given me the Eternity that mystics speak of? What to do with this eternity? What does one do with a muse? Make art.

Time flies before me and I grow younger
With playful daydreaming delight
Breathing a million year's quiet meditation
The eternity your love brings to light.

JNET

Copyright ©2007 J. R. Hollyday

brighter than sunshine



aqualung

"That one I love who is incapable of ill will, and returns love for hatred.
Living beyond the reach of I and mind, and of pain and pleasure,
full of mercy,
contented, self-controlled,
with all his heart and all his mind given to Me /
with such a one I am in love."

Bhagavad Gita

No comments:

Post a Comment