Monday, December 4, 2006

Making Up For Lost Time



It's been over 2 years and I was in the middle of a board game just about to free myself from the rat race of Cashflow when the phone call came.

I let it go to voice mail. But he didn't leave a message. I called him back the following day...

"I've missed you."

How surreal. He's lived 20 minutes away in Beverly Hills all this time and finally got his head out of his work. He was proud of himself and his accomplishments though. I had forgotten what had charmed me so much about him though. But he showed up after a 2 year disappearance, all smiles and cheer. His conversation through the evening was a bit adventurous and unexpected.

Having passed the board game litmus test, gracefully handling refusal as distinct from rejection; he listened though I know I frustrated the heck out of him.

"Go away if you want Paris Hilton. Los Angeles has a bounty of gorgeous women that will not refuse you."

"Wow. You're interesting. I like that about you. I'm going to marry you."

"You're thinking a bit ahead of yourself. So you want to be one of my suitors..."

It was an interesting evening. If he can call out of the blue after more than two years and act like not a day has passed by, I am interested in seeing what will happen after the mathematician calls...that kind of time hasn't lapsed between us.

Meanwhile, Mr. Beverly Hills says he wants to make up for lost time.

"Let's go to an opera. I haven't been to a music hall in so long.. Want to be my opera buddy?"

"Sure... I can be your "opera buddy."

Let's see if he'll wait another two years to become opera buddies.... haha

JNET

No comments:

Post a Comment