Friday, December 1, 2006

A Little Turbulence But Still Okay



After a bit of a bumpy week of unexpected expenses and not having my cell phone. I must say that I'm still very happy because there's really no personal drama in regards to friendships, relationships, etc. My arena of human interactions is running smoothly though I did deal with putting up higher barricades from unwanted male attentions and putting my thoughts on the table about a wishy washy friendship that was frustrating me.

Life goes on.

The squirrel and mouse that wrecked havoc in my garden outside my bedroom patio doors are no longer keeping me restlessly up nor eating my plants anymore.... thanks to a little device that makes funny chirping noises from mom.

My brother gave me a "new" computer so I can continue writing while my laptop is at the geek squad's care for maintenance. How very sweet of him! And mom has chilled out from her "you should date and get married" speeches. Thank God!

My car had some minor work today which was done for FREE ... AND they gave me a superb discount on parts. I'm taking my car in for body repair FINALLY after getting dinged in the spring.

And I gained 4 new students this week... one returning after a bit of a break and a doctor, his wife and child wish to begin studying with me as soon as I can clear a suitable place in my schedule to accomodate them.

Meanwhile, I also memorized 5 1/2 out of 6 pages of the Chopin waltz I've been working on these past couple of weeks. I'm digging out Debussy's Arabesque #1 and want to work on Petite Suite for the new year.

Christmas music just doesn't appeal to me. I only play it with my students as I encourage them with their Santa letters. I also have a few students celebrating Chanukkah working on Dreyll Song.

The season suits me best in being left alone as I work on closing my year smoothly and wish to begin the year with positivity and focus.

Bah humbug? Not at all. It is a good time of the year to feel jolly without an artificial fix.

JNET

No comments:

Post a Comment