Sunday, October 1, 2006

Exploring Vulnerability



"You put yourself out there JNET... and so people take advantage. You're naive."

Someone was justifying using opportunities at someone's (MINE) expense. These "opportunities" for example are using people for jokes, advantages and put downs. Despite the explanation to color rainbows around actions that exploit people, am I the only person in the universe to see the other side of such "harmlessness?" How many SORRY's can cover unkind behaviors?

Yes. I put myself out there. Yes. I say what is on my mind and I don't mince my words though I will find kinder paths to being straight-ahead. And yes the way I am is vulnerable. But EVERYONE is VULNERABLE. So what?

I put myself out there because I like "to keep it real" and I'm not just saying that to be trendy and hip. Maybe being a writer makes words more important to me where others throw them around for entertainment. I live by words and notes and intention to create art. I may be vulnerable but I am not flippant.

FLIPPANT: frivolously disrespectful, shallow, or lacking in seriousness

Perhaps I am also naive. There are a couple of definitions:

NAIVE: having or showing a lack of experience, judgment, or information

I like one in particular...

NAIVE: having or showing unaffected simplicity of nature or absence of artificiality

I think I'll continue being myself. I will swim through the ocean of life free and unincumbered. As for those prickly ones that take joy in poking fun, seeing what advantages they can take all in the spirit of "good fun", I think I'll leave those spineless sea urchins where I find them, smile and swim on.

They are way too delicate to carry with me.

JNET

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:26:00 PM

    Please stay the way you are! Your words and thoughts are great! Ideas like that are what make us all better people! Wow, don't I sound preachy! hehe, well I like it and I don't care what anybody else says! i'll be reading, always, sean

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:51:00 AM

    those people that "poke fun" are louts, rabble, the insensitive dead ones. screw 'em! they're mud on your boots! if i sound harsh, i am. life is too brief to be encumbered by their negativity. you gotta accentuate the positive, eliminate the negative." it is hard to do, but i know you will.

    best to you as always.--Alan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:39:00 PM

    I am wondering if instead you are trusting and adventurous more than naive? Perhaps you like scaling mountain faces to look in their eyes :-)

    I like your pictures - it's a bit sensual and subtle, but it moves me. Thanks.

    Best wishes.
    Michael

    ReplyDelete