Wednesday, September 20, 2006

I'm Still Sick (cough cough)


I didn't sit in solitary misery for long.

Friends checked in with calls, text messages and Mystic took my woes asking for mom to heart. He decided to spend a couple of days putting soup and juice in me and listening to me cough. He wasn't exactly mom and he can't cook (his brother made the soup) but the effort was charming in its awkwardness. Mystic had injured himself playing soccer earlier in the week and so he had to limp around for me.

No, I don't think he's madly in love with me. We're friends. He has this interesting way of getting distracted talking to other girls when I'm around. I think he was compelled to take care of me the way others are compelled to take care of hurt kittens. He tells me of the great conversations he has with other girls that make his day. It's interesting.

I told Mystic that I found his efforts sweet and his friendship well-meaning and therefore "upgraded" him to the wall.. the wall of friendship fame where I frame my nearest and dearest... mainly family and friends that I've known for at least 5 to 10 years. Mystic has practically met every person on the wall in getting involved with my circles that I decided to bend the "no boys" rule (besides the mathematician) and put him there.

That will create some buzz in conversation at home. The mathematician is the only guy "publicly seen" on the wall. And now, I've included Mystic for willingly exposing himself to my germs, vacuuming my carpet, singing Muslim prayers while I cough, and feeding me between chats with his other internet girlfriends. His attentions are strange but his friendship is genuine. We actually became friends earlier this year because he knows the mathematician. Small world. Mystic shows himself to not be a mere visitor in JNETSWORLD. He is making himself part of my world... and therefore has made his place on THE WALL...

JNET

No comments:

Post a Comment