Monday, October 9, 2006

I Surrender



It is said that the journey of life is what matters and not the destination... Despite being surrounded by good friends and having a great family, my journey is a lonely one.

I don't know if it's as lonely as the loneliest person's journey. I've had my share of shadows and bad days. Sometimes I wonder WHY I am alive and how I managed to last this long. But I find comfort within myself and somehow don't feel TERRIBLY lonely on my path.

And so I write my thoughts on this lonely adventure of my solitary spirit surrounded by interesting characters along the way. Some of the people in my life are beautiful and interesting; others are lovely but prickly, some delight in being disagreeable as human hurricanes of drama.

I write for my SELF, penning down the details of my shadow battles with a plan to end the final paragraph with the victory of my mind and soul. I write to search through those corners of my mind and somehow I know if I am aware of the nonsense of my own dark hallways, the whole world is brighter.

I am my most challenging opponent and I must be my own most devoted friend even if I am blessed with opportunities and love left, right and center.

I write to challenge myself to the highest thoughts I can muster and demand my own surrender.

JNET

"Love is an attempt at penetrating another being,
but it can only succeed if the surrender is mutual."

Octavio Paz

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:52:00 AM

    Reading your thoughts this morning....so glad you are willing to share them, even if you are writing for yourself.

    Dianne

    ReplyDelete