Thursday, October 12, 2006

Thinking From the Immortal Essence


"We are not human beings having a spiritual experience.
We are spiritual beings having a human experience."

Teilhard de Chardin


Sometimes I wonder... If I think from the perspective of the immortal essence, what shall I say about this mortal moment of time?

I think from that perspective, I have access to choose from a palette of emotion. Somehow, having that path and purposefulness of choice, I can always be passionate...even within the space of choosing boredom..

And then I find endless humor in the folly that my humanity affords me and an abundance of excitement in loving each passing meaningless second.

And not a day ever passes that I am not filled with wonder. What a lucky accident it is to be born.

JNET

No comments:

Post a Comment