Friday, September 1, 2006

Sitting at Peace




I love silence and solitude and experience bliss in spaces where others frenetically stuff activity in.

I really do love people but I also adore silence and crave it like a lover. I am lost without it. It's a funny contradiction and perhaps seems extreme that I go from a parade of life straight for a santuary.

Sometimes I see conversation as over-rated and though I adore words; it's the thoughts that I really love... those things that meander in my brain while my words play the extrovert saying hello to the world.

But I can't wish that there existed a microphone in my head and my thoughts wouldn't have a voice if it wasn't for the vehicle of words. I can wish that words were like music, an intentional infliction of mood and opinion that come down with deliberate touches. That's how I want my words to be like... like music...

How powerful words can be....

How little power we give them...

How we sometimes abuse them saddens me, creating noise and not music unto the world.

But still, perhaps in the stolen stillness that we all find, we again can find our voice, our power, and make our words music again....

Perhaps...

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:33:00 PM

    If you're for real, you may be the perfect woman.

    I've lived 2 years for every one you have, and I am just now asking myself some of the questions you exhibit curiosity about.

    It is said the meaning of life is found in the journey... and I agree, with one caveat. It's enjoying that journey, in the moment, while it's happening. Goals and dreams are fine as long as you're not so focused on attaining them, that you miss what blessings are in front of you. And I very much a believer that going after whatever it is you decide you want out of life is just as important as attaining it. Even if you don't quite get to whatever place in life you had in mind, if you know that you've made the best decisions you could at the time, you should be at peace. So many more people regret the things they didn't have the courage to do than those who gave it their best shot.

    In other words, to me, in each aspect of life it is better to have loved and lost than stagnated.

    You seem to be introspectively challenging yourself before making decisions, and putting yourself out there. How did you get so smart at your age?

    I enjoyed your open honesty and curiosity. I wish you happiness and I'll visit your pages again.

    McBill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:37:00 PM

    The peace photo in sepia is really nice. Have a great weekend.

    Blessings,
    Bruce

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jnets, How you doing ? :)

    Lsn, I tagged you! :P

    Answer these questions on your blog if you have time :)

    http://abedhamdan.blogspot.com/2006/09/tag-translated.html

    ReplyDelete