Monday, September 4, 2006

Because I SAY what my future IS...




A psychic told me my future and it was the perfect BS to inspire me...

He didn't tell me anything earth-shattering that I didn't know and the things that he tried to excite me with fell flat after a couple of hours. I was intrigued by what I had heard of him. K, is psychic to the stars and has a habit of dropping names of his celebrity line-up.

I just had to spend a day with this little clique of the gold aura gang and their guru. Was I in the presence of a gifted person? Maybe a couple days to incubate the thoughts and I'll be a follower? I don't think so...

He had a faithful client of over 10 years who said that K. was his psychic and therapist. He was a sweet devotee but was consistently self-defacing. If he hadn't gotten onto a track to face the future with confidence as well as bored himself thoroughly with his shortcomings enough to drop them, is his "therapist" a good investment of 10 years and money?

I've had many mentors and teachers that have moved me profoundly and gave me a sense that I was present to power and clarity. They also gave me a sense of who they were as people and their commitment to me.

After today's session, I wondered if K's "therapeutic words" land much better on people who are starved for clarity and encouragement. Perhaps K. is a better match for these golden types than for me. I felt like I had gone to an overrated carnival that was very different from the rigorous conversations I would enjoy with my coaches.

Afterall, Dr. Cokkinias is a hard act to follow...

For the same price, I can have a private music lesson, state where I want to take my future and learn my shortcomings on a journey. Since the destination is mastery, I would be forced to take on my excuses and deal with it honestly with a coach that I respect who's committed to creating my future with me.

But maybe a psychic is a softer path. Bach is not for softies that need to be coddled.

The psychic did say that I was quite critical and was the type to size up a person and make a decision within 5 minutes and that I was most likely 90% correct. He also added "judgmental" in that conversation.

Did K. expose himself with a truth and try to put me aside with the taboo'd "judgemental" word?

What is it to be "noncritical?" Since people get squeamish about criticism due to non-contructive (destructive) criticizer, it's helpful to understand that the

definition of not being critical is...

CASUAL, CARELESS, UNDISCERNING, UNTHINKING...

To think carefully, discerning and on purpose seems like a good thing to me. And throwing in the word "judgemental" was an interesting emotional word. I felt a request to NOT THINK with him using that word... ACCEPT without having a discriminating thought.

I had a strange sense that I was grooming his ego and not the other way around.

He had some interesting gems but none that caught my fancy. He definitely has a "gift" but nothing I can flatter. Is he for real?

For a price, anything is real.


We are here to learn to love one another...I do not know what the others are here for - W. H. Auden

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:36:00 AM

    Why do you need to look up judgmental in the dictionary? He was communicating an observation to you which you understood exactly....and to stroke your ego you found a convenient alternative meaning which made you feel just or normal. It seems to me you are just afraid to be you. You need some kind of confirmation that you are living and doing things properly or correctly. There is no normal or just right way. We are all perfect as we are in our distinct individual traits. Clime out of your shell and share your flavor of you. And get me some footage...

    ReplyDelete