Monday, August 22, 2005

On Being Impeccable

I checked Mr Webster and he says that being impeccable is to be free of sin or wrongdoing. I learned the word in high school where I decided to take on “being impeccable”.. as a new practice for living my life.

Without the lofty implications of being free from sin and getting myself into a apologetics debate, I best describe the term in several ways.

Being honest, authentic and free to be fully self expressed that you know where you stand, those around you know where they stand and freedom in relationship is enjoyed.

Being impeccable means also being responsible for one’s words and actions as well as being responsible for one’s lack of words and actions.

Being impeccable means coming from a place of compassion and I suppose if you come from that place; it is a place of no sin and no wrongdoing.

This way of thinking has very positive benefits for myself and those around me. My relationships aren’t left to chance and I have power to be a creating part of my destiny. It doesn’t undermine my faith in life; it builds up my faith. I think it keeps me afloat when life does not present favorable circumstances. It gives me a creative space to invent a life that I can enjoy..

And being impeccable doesn’t necessarily mean being comfortable and living a life that looks like Disneyland… I have a vision that I want for my life and my goal is to live aligned to those values that I keep close to my heart with compassion and mindfulness. Being impeccable also means that I clean up my mistakes and misunderstandings and not hide or hope someone else takes care of things. Being impeccable means that I create communication and clarity in spaces where it was not happening.

Being impeccable in its most basic definition to me means to take responsibility. The beauty of our humanity is that we can make mistakes and rise above them in a way that inspires those around us.

JNET




No comments:

Post a Comment