Wednesday, August 17, 2005

The Buzz of Thoughts

Rent has doubled and I'm enjoying living alone. But it is not an easy endeavor.

I'm in the space between feeling excited and holding my breath and it's somewhat overwhelming. Can I afford living alone?

I met with one prospective roommate to see what's "out there"...

I told her that I work mainly at home. I write. I teach private music lessons.

And what about her? She's a dancer... not the kind of dancing I do where I have a dance director telling me where to move and how to move and when to move. I get to wear beautiful costumes and she.... she gets to wear nothing.

I'm not sure about having her as a roommate though she seems nice. Strangely, all my guys friends advised against it and it was a couple of girlfriends that sided with the "dancer"... calling me judgmental and not open-minded. I don't mind being friends with the girl but I'm not so sure about having her in my living space every day with her "dancer" friends or guys from the club. Since my friend is more "open-minded" I think I'll suggest that she take the girl since she's also looking for a roommate.

I have 4 new students this week. I can feasibly create the income and afford the place but with two weeks to raise rent, I feel a bit intimidated. I really need to work on being braver here. It's worth it to be brave. It's worth it to enjoy independence and privacy. It's worth it to stay here where most my neighbors are friends and I feel safe. This place is my creative space.

I have two weeks to figure it out. I'll figure it out soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment