Thursday, August 11, 2005

MUSIC: A Great Night at Tangiers

:
I taught until 8:30pm yesterday. I was having tired thoughts around 5pm. But had the conversation in my head of.. “Who’s in charge here?” My friends were playing and I wanted to go see them and my body wasn’t going to best me and make me stay home.

One of my bestfriends from college, Jason, had a gig at Tangiers in Los Feliz with Joe Deveau. Jason's one of my favorite drummers, a great friend and a Scrabble master.

It was a great show. Joe is quite prolific and his talent as a vocalist and keyboardist has won him some acclaim. I love his music and he’s a total sweetheart of a guy who'd volunteer the shirt off his back to polish your specs. The band was on fire the other night. I think the whole room was in the zone with them. They were having a lot of fun on stage and all I can say is they played TIGHT TIGHT TIGHTLY Check out Joe Deveau's website and give his music a listen..

To say the least, I forgot about being tired and got swept up with the exciting music.

I made two new friends, Alison and Emily, both musicians. We already made plans to hang out and see Jason play with the Page Cavanaugh Trio this coming Monday at Charlieo's. We had a hilarious night after Tangiers (beautiful venue) and went round the corner for a late night meal and shared our secrets of Los Angeles short-cuts to bypass freeways and places to check out for food and drinks. Everyone has a mad sense of humor... together we were an orchestration of organized chaos.

Got home by 2am. A lot less tired than I felt at 5pm…and had a great evening.

JNET

No comments:

Post a Comment