Monday, January 3, 2005

POEM (free verse) : DISTRACTED

Distracted

Stretched and protracted across an expanse
Of uncollected and disconnected thoughts
A meadow of dull color awaiting a brush with love

Distracted

A wind blows still and the rain pours
A dry sound exposing the nakedness of a barren mind
Life pulses silently under a mantle of wilderness thought

Distracted

A desert bloom promise
A cycle of life from an unlikely corner
A glimpse of a new season beginning

Copyright ©2005 J. R. Hollyday

5 comments:

  1. It has been raining and cold everyday since Christmas. I had been feeling like driftwood without a clever creative thought to put down and I've been struggling with using software to upload photos onto my blog.

    All the cool people have pictures on their blogs... whaa .... boo hoo.... poor me. I am an internet granny.

    Without putting myself through the slow death of self-pity, I wrote "Distracted" with hopes to snap myself out of my mind malaise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:44:00 PM

    This is a very interesting and thought provoking poem. I read it many times as each time I got a new message.

    My belief is that when a poem encourages us to ponder the the words then it is a well written poem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:46:00 PM

    cool very stong piece. plenty of meaning. good work ,good flow plenty vision into the word poetry..well done...shows heart and history ,plenty of that.. this poet has vision

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous7:13:00 PM

    You are really good at setting imagery and causing the mind to visualise. This poem has a freshness to it and it feels so tangible when you read it. The contrasts ("A meadow of dull color awaiting a brush with love"), the twists in phrases ("A cycle of life from an unlikely corner"), the sound techniques ("A dry sound exposing the nakedness of a barren mind") are precise and fine. Excellent work

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Jeannette, paints a wonderful picture

    ReplyDelete