Monday, January 17, 2005

POEM: My Why to Be Unshy

Frozen words
Stuck in my throat
Alone in my castle
Surrounded by a moat

Painfully shy
Pretending to be terribly busy
Thoughts of saying hello
Makes me anxious and dizzy

In my solitude
I languish over ambivalent emotion
I have such pride over self-restraint
I am an island surrounded by an ocean

Uncommon, Unique
Interesting, Intriging
I'm a puzzle, And you're a riddle!
Perhaps a combination for meaning?

Til the answers of life be revealed
Through time and passing tide
When fears are smoothed down
Diminishing a need to pretend and to hide

I'll see to it you know my castle
My thoughts, my island, my voice
My deepest ocean, my soul
Because you're my why to be unshy

My choice

Copyright ©2005 J. R. Hollyday

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:46:00 PM

    I really enjoyed this poem. I, too, am pretty much a loner and shy so I definitely relate. I like the imagery that you used to describe who you are and how you feel......the words flow very well. The third stanza was really thought provoking to me......I know that feeling and it's scary.....but exciting too! This is a really nice poem....keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:36:00 PM

    That is wonderful. What a great and revealing poem. Wow! It is safer to hide from the feeling inside. When people step on your pride. You really expressed it well the truth. Out standing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:38:00 PM

    I LOVED the first stanza! The imagery and metaphor worked beautifully. The only stanza that needs work is stanza 3. It is out form with the rest of the poem and doesn't have the easy flow as the rest of the poem. Fix stanza 3 and this will deserve 5 stars. Good job. Rayma

    ReplyDelete