Monday, July 17, 2006

Creating From a Place of Listening

When truth is the holy grail of life, how does one look at things? What shall I think of that before my eyes?

Certain declarations are ringing in my mind. And though I am a lover of words, I do not wish to be slave of them and so I listen to that which speak louder than words.

shhh

And though I honor and respect actions that create results, I also do not wish to be an easy audience at the whim of vanity nor hand my soul off by piecemeal to insatiable appetites.

What are the words of a great mind or poet to me if in the pauses of their sentences I hear noise?

What do magnificient actions mean to me when they are done to impress passing audiences and I spy the contempt thought hidden behind the stage curtains?

I see things in the silence.

I spy that possession is valued over understanding. I spy that berating speaks too easily and befriending is seen as too much work.

In the sighs, I listen for the whys...

These declarations?

I am listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment