Thursday, July 13, 2006

Breathe But Don't Inhale


by .-).


After an afternoon of moving some more things that no longer belonged in my space, i was well into the thought of seeing what else i had yet to take down and put away.

I felt on purpose, on track and slowly being unburdened in my urgency to clear.... in the awareness, I saw the past trail of distraction and knew to be vigilant in not being swept into the world's array of drama.

Breathe... but don't inhale.

The noise, the sparkles, the cacophony of glitter and game is heady stuff... but is it what I want to be mindful over? Shall i stand to be taken in by the undertow of emotion when I just want to stand in the experience of appreciating the given moment and floating in the warmth of its simplicity?

I spent the last several evenings with the moon and told my secrets to it, petitioning forgiveness for my wispy humanity and not taking on the divine powers of my design.

Are we not made to be creators?

And so I am going through my life and choosing to make it more like a temple for peace instead of a theater for indulgences. There are no friendships to be had with fickleness and its mission for flavor of the season; loyalties find lasting homes with wisdom.

Experience with a signature of honor and dignity... choreographed into life with grace and sublime timing is the treasure I am searching for.

JNET

No comments:

Post a Comment