Thursday, June 8, 2006

This American's Trip: Taking Off the Lens Cap

"Confident" was the common word that resonated from my friends when I pointed the camera to them. I was flattered and touched by their sentiments.

Me, confident? Maybe a little bit more than that shy person sitting in another corner of Los Angeles. i'm the writer that wrote in secret for quite a while before sharing my work. I'm great at friendship and awkward at dating. And I'm the pianist that only performs for friends and family... I live like a turtle that enjoys dinner parties.

I'm not as confident as I'd like and I'm looking into different mediums to break out of my self. Dancing with KNL helps but at the end, I'm still hiding behind gorgeous costumes and make-up. Writing and journaling my thoughts here has been great but I'm still hiding and I feel a sense that I am not expressing myself to full capacity.

Can I be braver yet? Can I be more honest yet?

I've found a door to which I stare at in silence. But not for very long... and I wonder where this medium will take me.

No comments:

Post a Comment