Thursday, June 15, 2006

Lessons My Piano Taught Me


by **Anna.

When I was little I joked that I was going to marry my piano when I grow up...

Now that I'm a grown up, let me tell you what the piano has taught me about love.

I am free to express myself... to love is to breathe life and passion to what I am saying and playing..

It's a choice to play.

Grow sensitive to the subtleties within the pieces I play. Love the details I discover.

I don't need an audience to be in love.

Discipline and practice is interesting and life changing. I learn how to make a stand for myself and not get swept away by circumstances.

Quality of life improves by putting value to time. It's not about quantity but rather quality.

Be present with the moment. Enjoy the NOW for what it is. Time keeps moving and a new measure is always at hand.

Mistakes are not more important than the intention of creating something worthy.


I find that I will always return to what I love because my voice makes sense through them. I feel free, alive and real.

JNET

1 comment:

  1. I feel like breaking into song... something along the lines of
    "All you need is love."
    "please don't start that."
    "All you need is love."
    "A girl has got to eat."
    "All you need is a piano~wait what?"

    You learn about love from any, and all things, not just people, not just books and movies. Love isn't strictly between two or more people that they have for one another. People have hobbies, people have interests. People lovec their collection, people love their car. People love. That's all there is to it.

    ReplyDelete