Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Ego Kidnaps Idio


This Saturday's show on Blogtalkradio will be about idiosyncrasies... those cute little quirks that make you special. I woke up at 8:59 for last week's show. The show begins at 9 am every Saturday morning. To say the least, I winged it and was able to pull the show off and find that doing a part II will do the subject justice.

Quirks.

We have our own special quirks... But what happens when your EGO takes your cute quirks and make little monsters of them? What if your affinity for quiet time and independence renders you into a seasonal hermit? What if your self-reliance and confidence turns into self-absorption?

My particular quirk is my love for solitude. Despite the fact that I have a wonderful teaching practice coaching 30+ private students on the piano, despite the fact that I am in a weekly tango class and involved with another dance company, despite the fact that I am involved with church, family obligations and have a circle of close friends.... I am a loner and an introvert by nature. I RUN back to my solitude as my natural and original position.

Being social, writing for the public eye, hosting a radio show are ways to stretch me out of my comfort zone. I sprint back to my solitude once my mission is accomplished.

This "mad dash" is starting to stand out to me. In being mindful that my inner egomaniac is not wishing to make me seem anti-social, I'm trying to be more sensitive in how I do socialize without giving up who I am by nature.

This Saturday we will look at quirks and how egos make little baby Jekylls of them sometimes. Tune in, call in... :)

JNET

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:39:00 PM

    You have beautiful words..I love your words.

    Steven

    ReplyDelete