Monday, November 20, 2006

Horrorfestivities



I tagged along with friends to do the Horrorfest thing. I have never in such a small course of time placed myself in so many hours of horror movie watching. Thank God I didn't pass out. I enjoyed watching my friends in their own little piece of heaven. A couple of them are aspiring writers of the genre.

"JNET, you have to drop everything, cancel everything and come out with us!"

I don't bump into that type of enthusiasm everyday. I got curious.

"What's the story? I'm between students right now. What? You want me join you where? But I look like a pre-school teacher right now!"

Horror fans across the country united for an indie horror weekend. You've seen the posters and banners. I've been following the Miss Horrorfest stuff. There was an Asian girl that looked like my cousin who did a pretty cool J-horror short.

I got to meet her, Chieko, at Cinescene, the party event for horror fans. She was sweet but she didn't win the crown. I told her she was cool and liked her work and she gave me a hug and said that meant a lot to her. Darn, I really wanted her to win and felt sad with her.

Anyway, I lost one of my friends and he ended up doing shots with Jennifer Alba. I spoke briefly with the writer for Unrest, Chris and I chatted with a guy named Axel who said he was friends of the "cadaver" of Unrest.

I had changed my clothes from the teacher look and went casual but probably stood out somewhat from the hardcore horror fans who were wearing ALL BLACK with funky accessories (devil's horns). One girl was almost naked except for the cobweb fishnet covering she wore. My guy friends enjoyed looking at her very much. One very odd detail that I noticed was that MOST the guys were SHORT (except my friends)! What's up with that? The genre attracts guys guys under 5'5"? I felt tall in the crowd and I'm a petite little thing :)

Anyway, it was fun. The movie experience was fun. I got my blood and heart pumping.

Does that mean I got my cardio exercise down for the weekend then?

JNET

No comments:

Post a Comment