Saturday, March 12, 2005

Endeared Anomaly


Thurs: Bible study (BSF)... lunch w/ Z... taught for a few hours... N's bowling birthday bash.

Fri: morning piano coaching session w/M... It was an interesting lesson.. I didn't play as well as I wanted because I was wearing an outdated pair of glasses. The music was a blur. I had my redeeming moments and I was excited to go home to practice.

did shopping errands... I did the total mad run about Studio City. Thank God I can get most everything done within a 2 mile radius. Friday is my only off day to catch up with myself.

practiced...

made lunch and spent the afternoon w/ E and stopped time for a few hours... he played "Recuerdos de la Alhambra".. which always moves me...and Albéniz's "Asturias"... originally written for piano.. gorgeous... I'll find the music this week. It was a pleasure to be treated to a home concert.

it was a sweet afternoon... the conversation and being present with one another always surprises me. ..receiving the highest respect and treated also as an equal, we get excited over our individual projects and plan projects together... share information to encourage and leverage one another or how it's been termed from our EMI workshops "loveraged"... though we are a paradoxically unsentimental pair.

we get utterly serious and then absolutely silly within the same hour. it's refreshing... complaints don't get indulged and if something doesn't seem to have autonomy; it is discussed and we create a search party for a solution. it's fun... two objectivists playing on a canvas.

practiced after E. left... I went to the Brand Library to see Sasha's doctoral recital for violin performance. It's been a couple of years of friendship between us now. I like how we've grown our friendship. We relate to one another in similar fashion to E and I... affection, respect, authenticity.... just a different shade of color.

He gave a great performance. I especially enjoyed his last piece, Shostakovich's "Trio in e minor, Op. 67" for violin, cello and piano. I met his girlfriend for the first time. She is very sweet and a great pianist. The "Allegretto" was very exciting... absolutely mad genius.

I was really proud of Sasha... The recital was at 8pm.. He was at the hospital until 4pm with his mother. He is such a good son. I am so moved how he takes care of her while she is sick, forgoing any celebrations with his friends while he considers that his mother is about to have surgery... admirable.... how both he and his girlfriend are taking care of his mother.

I went to Clear to meet J at 10:30pm. I took off the black long dress and put on the velvet purple mini dress and walked to the bar for a birthday celebration to see old friends and make new ones. I was bored by midnight. The bar scene is rare for me. It was wall to wall beautiful people and J hadn't arrived. But a group of guys noticed that I looked lost and adopted me into their fold until my friends arrived. They were nice. They seemed shocked to meet someone like me in Los Angeles but were happy to talk about philosophy, books, and Los Angeles culture with me.

J finally arrived with her entourage dressed to stop traffic. And so began the evening where I, Alice, ventures into Wonderland. Yes, I followed the White Rabbit and found myself at the Mad Hatter's Tea Party. I am the endeared anomaly. Our humanity was refreshingly on the table at a nakedness that surpassed the beautiful CJ who was sprawled on the couch in uninhibited comfort...

"Twinkle, twinkle, little bat
How I wonder what you're at!
Up above the world you fly
Like a tea-tray in the sky."

Lewis Carroll

We shared stories, read poetry to one another, talked about our dreams and projects... It was an honest and indulgent night. Magical. Sweet people. I didn't get home until 5am. I slept until 10am and then got up to start the day, practicing, reading, studying.... I missed my 9am conference call. arrgh. oh well. That's when I started reading my new books that just arrived through the mail. I'm looking forward to getting into bed and continuing another chapter. I think I'll write about what I'm learning tomorrow.

JNET

No comments:

Post a Comment