Tuesday, March 1, 2005

Broken Glasses and No Path To Beverly Hills

I accidentally broke my glasses yesterday. I'll spare you the embarrassing details. It was the first time in my life that I felt sad over glasses. I hadn't realized that I had liked this pair. They are my sexy geek pair. They are as light as a paperclip, frameless and they change from clear to darker in the sun. They also cost a pretty penny...a gorgeous quarter....a fine dollar.

Anyway, my optometist is just up the road through the canyon in Beverly Hills. The road unfortunately has been closed down due to some horrible hillside happening. I think a few houses have slipped due to rains and converged for a block party. So now my normally 10 minute drive has turned into a 40 minute opportunity and that's not considering the new traffic the alternate canyons will have due to Laurel Canyon's closure.

ho hum

I woke up at 7am this morning. Too early to begin practicing though the 90 year old upstairs has been playing a mix of Madonna, techno, and 80's nostalgia ALL NIGHT LONG. I hope he's alright. Sometimes I wonder if he's simply hard of hearing, has fallen somewhere near his stereo and is using it to call for help, doing a little bit of neighborly protest....or is simply the boogie granddad of the community.

Today is my busiest day. I have a piano lesson in a few hours. I should get out of bed and practice but I am in resistence to the rest of the day, seven students, Los Angeles traffic, the last part of my day driving the 405 to get to LAX where I'll later volunteer time at Landmark Education with the children's program. My day will end about midnight and then I'll drive home....

It's another week. Will my crush call or any of the others? hmmm. Maybe they broke their glasses and can't quite read the phone number. I'm off to practice. Maybe I'll write more tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment