Wednesday, March 16, 2005

24 Hours of Life

I found the Albeniz piece... It is staccato heaven or hell (depending if you are a half glass full or empty sort of person.) It's an easy read but technically how to make staccato sound magical without going adrift on autopilot. Maybe I think too much....

J had called to put me on the list for a fashion magazine's private party. I was planning on spending the evening with E. while he packed for his trip to the east coast but he had a lot to prepare and I still have my homework for Bible study. And though it's fun to get out for Los Angeles culture, I am such a comfortable kitty in my house with my piano. I also didn't feel like getting all pretty to hang out with the beautiful people. It's fashion week in Los Angeles and tonight I feel as sexy as a tea cozy. What a dilemma.

Talked to E. in New York to say that I'll be visiting in November. My favorite boy next door lives in NYC. It was his birthday. I miss him. I told him he was my boyfriend for the past 5 years. I just didn't appreciate it. But it was and always had been platonic. Telling him that he was boyfriend material is a compliment. He would get me out of the house just when I think I've successfully mastered my disappearing powers. And he co-hosted every party I had until he moved. My circles became his and vice versa. Life is so much more quieter now. I hadn't realized the many little ways he made my life easier.

It was interesting being part of a discussion on choice and creating possibilities with children that I volunteer my Tuesday nights. Young people say the darndest things being so unapologetically real and are very sensitive yet strong. I had an evening of very dynamic and different, sweet personalities. Tuesdays usually end at midnight for me.

I came home and was inspired to clean until 3am. I don't drink coffee. I don't know where my "off" switch is...

It's N's and A's birthday this weekend and I'm hosting the party. So far, about 20 people have RSVP'd. I'll probably have 30 or so guests coming by to say hello. I'm looking forward to it. Every get-together is different.

I am in a new writing phase. My head is in a different place with so many things going on. My teaching practice is growing and I think I'll be able to meet many of my March goals. I have friends excited about taking the juice that I have already been raving about this past year. And so there's growing energy going on in that part of my world.. (thelivingwell.net)

I have a lot of exciting conversations going on, wondering where to take them and a lot of new people in my life. I have a lot of commitments.

E and I are practicing our footing with one another... going "beyond solo". It's a dance that has my attention.. My homework for today is to call him at 5:20am to wake him up to help him ready for his trip.

N and I are fixing up the patio for the weekend. It used to be enclosed and was a nice warm "outdoorsy room" but had gone through a lot of neglect and was looking "ghetto." The building manager had it torn down last week. We're happy with what they built in place but it is windy and my plants are dying. N' has a new boyfriend who helped clean and move things around. He stayed over late to help fix things up.

S. called to say that his mother has cancer. In between all the busy stuff I have going on, this weighs the most on my heart. We're going to do everything we can to lift her quality of life and hope that it was caught in enough time. I feel so sad with him. He's stopped taking any playing gigs and is strictly teaching so that he can look after his mother. I know he adores his mother. And despite his tiredness and the crazyness his life has been to alter his schedule for his mother, I don't see his tiredness.... rather his tirelessness. And I think how beautifully he loves her.

He is her only son; her only child and the thought of a friend without their mother is the saddest thought I know.

JNET

No comments:

Post a Comment