Wednesday, March 28, 2012

the fireflies are two months old :)




At two weeks old we were riding a rainbow and my firefly, an adventurous captain initiated a blog of our own to chart the journey. At two months, I’m still riding a rainbow. I’m enjoying our blogging journey charting the hills and plateaus of growing our firefly world.

R: “Jnet, if you are having a bad day or for any reason and want me to come to you, I want you to know that it’s okay to ask.”

Jnet: “When I have a bad day, I usually deal with it myself by being quiet and alone. I don’t tend to share my bad days.”

R: “That’s fine but I’m letting you know that you don’t have to be alone. I’m here for you and that you can ask me to be there for you.”

I feel safe, protected and cherished. This sweetness is something I’ve had fleeting hints of but nothing as sticky, intense and endearing. Two months new yet two months solid (despite my moments of uncertainty wondering if I’m dreaming and will wake up to a pre-firefly world).

We’re official.

We finally opened a window to our private world. Everyone in our dance group is in the know and I finally let my family in the conversation this past weekend. The consensus is of resounding yays.

Firefly meets my family next weekend and it’s the first time that I’m sharing a sweetheart in a long while. My identity as happily single to happily coupled up is a fascinating surprise.

And life did open that way within the space of happy busy-ness, full of family and friends, work and rehearsals; a fascinating surprise when least expected.

The fireflies will be buzzing and celebrating two months tonight and this weekend. Our world grows including friends and family.

Yay :)

JNET

No comments:

Post a Comment