Thursday, March 15, 2012

howdy



Every time he says “howdy” it makes me smile.

Firefly is the most exotic adorable country boy ive ever met.  Charming me with his humor and playfulness and pulling me closer with tenderness and honesty.

Who’s the cute guy with the green bow tie? Mr. Y'all has a silly side.  I noticed him at the dance group’s Christmas party. Made note that he was someone that was having fun with his signature and put the thought away on the shelf. It’s nice to notice a soul having fun in the universe.

A friendship came with the new year, the Chinese new year. How perfect that firefly’s howdy came with the dragon. I adore dragons…something about them…their energy wards away negativity and ushers in new life.

We’re new, just over six weeks old. I’ve never spent as much time with anyone ever before but when I am not near him it’s nice to feel that I miss him… And think of fireflies, dragons, possibilities and missing root beer and fried chicken. I’m enjoying the lessons of lent with him though.

We finally perform this weekend and I’m looking forward to introducing him to my family; mom, brother and nieces plus more friends.  Whew I’m giddy.  It’s a big weekend, family, friends, our first performance together (and at the Getty – one of my favorite places in all of LA)

Heres to a lot of fun and smiles and happy howdies.

JNET

No comments:

Post a Comment