Wednesday, November 28, 2007

I'd Rather Dance Alone



Why does it sometimes have to feel like a battle to be myself?

I took some time to step into the sunshine only to meet with gunfire.

I had no idea that there was a war going on. I didn't know there was something terribly wrong that needed some righting.

The terribly wrong thing is my not being tied and gagged into a romantic relationship. That "something wonderful" that is being wished on me is that certain romance that I am willing to give up my music, my writing and my dance studies so that I can enjoy being a portable, adaptable all-inclusive entertainment system and put my personal therapist skills to "real" use. I would love to welcome a romance but don't see any point in entering the gates of love via uninspiring berating.

Is that the way of the world and I am totally off step?

Are people being successful at love through guilt trips, emotional shake downs and manipulative seductions?

Geez... I have been MISSING OUT being single. I've been having so much fun with my piano, my friends, family and rehearsals and practices that I had no idea what I was missing out in. I somehow thought that love was that special something that inspires you want to share everything about yourself with and not edit or closet or shut down the things that make you happy.

Is it just me or am I the only one who won't enter "loving" relationships via the guilt boat?

Happy sailing.

JNET

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:56:00 PM

    Go fall for someone. I am tired of reading in your blog about if you should or shouldn’t. Go get some practice….

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm tired of mean people. They have impeccable skill of being encouraging and being inspiring.... ick

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:25:00 AM

    Seems to me you have the right attitude toward your life right now. Don't let anyone hurry you along. It moves too quickly on its own.

    From an old(er) fart.

    ~Keith

    ReplyDelete