Saturday, August 4, 2007

Dizzying Freedom


"Anxiety is the dizziness of freedom."

Soren Kierkegaard

Hmmm... a positive way to view anxiety.

It's way better than experiencing anxiety as a weighty burden to be saved from. I've had much on my plate lately and Anxiety has been riding shotgun on my rollercoaster. Among the many pieces of advice to "save myself from struggle" the worst one is that I ought to get married. Good God! How can anyone weigh in that Love is a factor when the motivation of Convenience breathes heavily on someone's head?

Fortunately my love supply from friends and family is abundant that I can't even begin looking at a guy in a savior light.

This past month, this past week has been FULL of DRAMA.

Yesterday, I spent the morning in court to give my two cents at a public hearing. Developers have been hungrily staring at my building and think it's perfect for tearing down and selling 900K condos. I did my civic duty. It was nice to be addressed at "Miss JNET, constituent".

The prior week, I learned of the hearing. What? My building is up for demolition?

I so NOT have the time for this.... It's enough just to worry about daily life... to have to worry about where to live and how... yadda yadda... puts my mind into outer space. But a tractor beam of sense came about and I found myself on the phone, knocking on doors and making new contacts.

I thought I had enough to think about. Life is running at a dizzying and sometimes nauseating speed. And yet, I can't say that Life is having a personal go at me. I have to forgive Life and find a way to say thank you. I'm up late writing to neighbors and council people. I'm up writing for my blog, my book, my radio show. I'm enjoying the students I have and I'm taking the extra time off in stride before my schedule goes crazy again.

Anxiety is not hopelessness to me... it is to experience the dizzyness of freedom.

Life does get better... Doesn't it? Such is the topic for tomorrow morning's blogradio show of Jnetsworld. Call in if you're free :)

JNET

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:22:00 PM

    Sorry I missed your show; recently I have not been near a telephone on Saturday mornings. Once I get my schedule rearranged, I will pop in again!

    It sounds like you’re dealing with a few challenges at the moment, but you appear to be approaching them from a positive perspective.

    If you focus on the stress and anxiety in your life – how you feel bad, and the things that are causing it – you put yourself in energetic harmony with them and wind up creating more “bad vibes” in Infinite Energy, which then manifests them in your life as more things to feel stressed and anxious about. Your attitude will reflect it, your actions will reflect it, and therefore your results will reflect it.

    Of course, focusing on positive things doesn’t mean burying your head in the sand when it comes to negative issues – rather, it means approaching them from a positive perspective and creating positive solutions – focusing on turning bad into good!

    But I’m sure you know this... as a “perpetual negativity slayer, bridge builder and lemonade maker” you’re already in the right frame of mind!

    We’re all much more than just our physical selves… we simply exist in that form to learn, grow, contribute and experience life through creating more for others and ourselves too… and we’re meant to have fun while doing it!

    No matter how bad things might seem, everything always turns out for the best – especially when we approach things from a positive perspective. It’s all part of learning to live proactively rather than reactively, and learning to develop a positive mindset. “Problems” often turn out to be essential to our growth, and some of the best experiences in our lives grow out of them.

    It looks like you’re well on your way, so keep it up! In fact, the life of your dreams is already created for you, so visualize it, embrace it with open arms and live it every day – it will become your reality. Always remember, you deserve the very, very best… and you can have it!

    Take care; I’ll talk to you soon.

    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:04:00 AM

    Hi J ~

    I am hoping you are having a better week this week than last ~ are you?

    xo,
    Demi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:22:00 AM

    Hi Jnet,

    I'm staying with my friend Lance in Ventura till Thursday or Friday when I'll be making my way up to San Francisco. Lance is at work during the day till about 5, but he tells me I can catch a train into LA at other times. We spent the day yesterday in LA, it's really huge and intense. Gives me new insight into your breaking down on the freeway episode! Hectic!

    J

    ReplyDelete