Tuesday, May 9, 2006

It All Began in Baguio

s
by estan.

After crossing the Pacific Ocean with one brief stop in Japan before landing in the Philippine Island of Luzon, mom and I packed ourselves into a rented van for a 5 hour drive to the Baguio region (the mountains and cool spot of the country... temperature-wise) for a family reunion and cousin C's baptism.

It was surreal... after days of working past midnight and frantically packing and preparing in the later hours, I was wide awake to watch the sun rise as we made the steep climb into Baguio. We arrived at my uncle's home by 5:30am. The city was already awake and people were out and about.

And so breakfast was set down and plans were made to spend the day at the beach (another hour and a half DOWN the mountain). We packed ourselves into two vans and had a picnic.

I napped in a sawali (bamboo beach structure) on a picnic table. I felt like my family owned the beach. It was gorgeous.

That relaxing and lazy day set the table for a wild buffet of experience. Family arrived in more batches and uncle accomodated only part of the family in his five story home. A birthday party and my cousin's baptism at the Baguio Cathedral was the starting point of family activity.

I took loads of pictures... many that I could not burn them onto a CD so they're sitting in cousin M's computer who is still in the Philippines (I am currently in Japan before heading back to the States)... until then I'm borrowing from flickr...

I did upload a few pictures from the last leg of my trip though.... Check them out.



JNET

No comments:

Post a Comment