Thursday, May 18, 2006

The Heart Of Desire


by HD .


"By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The non-existent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired."

-- Nikos Kazantzakis

I received roses and was treated to lunch today at work.

"So what did you wish for?" I was asked immediately.

Something wonderful, of course...the same thing I've wished for since I can remember wishing on birthday candles and shooting stars....as well as wishing wells and first stars of the night.

My mathematician once told me that he was eradicating the words "wish" and "hope" from his vocabulatry and I felt very hurt that he would take away such magical words away from his life. But I understood where he came from. Some people clothe their wishes and hopes with passivity.

Ahhh but my wishes and hopes are not mere copper pennies and passing thoughts across the night sky. My passions and desires aren't blown away and forgotten after the candles are out. I am the space and clearing that I am creating to manifest these wishes and hopes of mine.

To have what one's heart desires, I must develop my heart of desire.

JNET

No comments:

Post a Comment