Sunday, March 5, 2006

I Don't Hate You But Want I to Strangle The Careless Person Out of You


Oh, sod off, you bumbling, clueless lollipop licking looney!

Such are the profane thoughts from an unhappy queen.

I felt like clocking someone today because I couldn't stand how happy he was. It wasn't his positive attitude that irked me but that he can be so positive in the face of so many mistakes. When I have to hear "sorry" so many times from the same person that it makes me feel like I have a new name; I find my patience is not infinite.

It's my fault. I've got a weak link in my kingdom and the sorry guy has me having to look after my back in looking after HIS back. AND He's lost in a reverie and doesn't get the concept that we're on the same team and that his mistakes are mine. How to reason with someone who says sorry like it's a magic word and skips away with such a clear mind after inconveniencing me is beyond me. Is this blind confidence in friendship?

I thought through my frustration today. I wondered if I simply was feeling compromised because I'm not feeling well. After some thought, I was sorry to learn that there was an "oops" person inside of him. I have a low tolerance of "oops" men. I start feeling like a mom and that is the grossest feeling a girl wants towards a man. If he was great, responsible, impeccable and not just looking after his own butt and his own interests... maybe I wouldn't feel so edgey. I'm babysitting and I'm not getting paid.

Who let the fly in the house? I did. I not only let him in my house but into my kingdom. And now I'm too tired and sick to get angry in a productive way. This queen can only lie down for now and close the door to end that echo of "sorry" buzzing down the hallway.

JNET

6 comments:

  1. you could also get a fly-swatter and swat the fly away...

    ReplyDelete
  2. desperation can lead to the usage of "Sorry" as a magic word. and it makes it harder to get the fly out the kingdom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm, one hopes to hear that everything is cleared up soon my dear Queen.

    P.S.: Weird, this is the word that I got for my word verification, "happy". Hint hint...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you my three wise men:) I think the fly-swatter idea is hilarious D but I think I'll put my trust in nature here...

    The life span of a fly is very small. Meanwhile, I'll slow down and get some rest under the comfort and company of beautiful canopies of friends.

    I guess I'll choose to be happy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous5:42:00 PM

    QUEEN???

    You, my dear, sound more like a princess!

    And a whining one at that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous,
    How fearless it is of you to lash at she,
    Ther' be many who wish to be as bold as ye,
    To hide behind that constant anonominity!
    You soul must truely be wise and sin-free!

    I ponder to think of how ye could ever be,
    to browse the 'blogs of Queens and royalty,
    and to not use your given name takes bravery,
    I bow to thee and the light ye shine on me.

    ReplyDelete