Thursday, February 24, 2005

Blurry People And Solid Transparency

I told E today that I had 23 boyfriends. He said he had 357 girlfriends. Then I told him that I had 0 bfs and then he said he had 0gfs.

We had our "run-in". Sometimes I wish I had a tape of what we talk about. I have never been so intrigued by such a style of conversation and relating. I don't know if we create it or if it's simply the way we are with everyone else ... It's nice that we come to the table from a space where I sense mutual respect and admiration mixed with flirtation (the respect and admiration being the main tool for flirtation). He is writing his thesis; a book that he wants to write for a general audience. He speaks powerfully and honestly yet he is restrained and has control over his thoughts and emotions. I understand it. He is sparing but generous. He can be a man of few words who listens, yet he speaks well, eloquently and is self-expressed. He is unattached yet consistent. He is a non relationship that keeps occuring and creating itself.

As for other conversations... Several call once a month, buzzing with life..zipping to visit my corner of the world to share a part of their world's buzz. Like a commercial with fun and flair ....and then is no more. Maybe with all the flutter of different friends, I have the perfect relationship!

Another's presence may move like the seasons... somewhat present but eluding time; a conversation that's incomplete... which I complete myself in my own conclusions. I guess what I get most of all these variations of hellos and good-byes is that I get to learn a lot about many people and about myself through the many dynamics.

The loves of my life have so many interesting ways of creating themselves, explaining themselves, justifying themselves. Everyone's a storybook and I'm fascinated by them all..

The blurry ones turn a million revolutions looking into my eyes
and one stands in solid transparency
stopping time.

If we all can create that with one another, what would its affect be on the world and on time?

Perhaps I prefer E's. conversation despite its eccentricities; it's habit forming.

Which reminds me, I need to have a chocolate fix. I have these terrific chocs from Germany called Mozarts... they are so divine!!

JNET

No comments:

Post a Comment