Thursday, December 23, 2004

POEM: Piece My Mind


Piece my mind, will you?
Into fortune cookie thoughts
Read a million words
Admiration on dishes
Conversation naught

Piece my mind, will you?
Playing a game of connect the dots
Broad lines of assumptions
With bold strikes of assertions
Conversation naught

Piece my mind, will you?
With mythologies of childhood fear
Boogie men, phantoms
Misfiled with that you hold dear

Broken dreams?
Kicked off the team?
I was once Last one picked

Piece my mind, will you?
Since I'm already on stage
Tell me my lines
From a house that is dark
Stand stage right. No, left!
What direction?
Why is this so hard?

Piece my mind, will you?
Collage me a truth that suits your day
A million words
To match your million less
My every thought only
For naught
Your best?

Copyright ©2004 J. R. Hollyday

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:04:00 AM

    I understand the futile emotion and hopes behind this. It's pure truth of something very far gone. I enjoyed reading it very much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:05:00 AM

    i really like this poem, i think i've heard something like this before but i like it. it's deep. i like how you said "Broad lines of assumptions With bold strikes of assertions" i think you talk about gossip folk how they always start rumors and twist up stories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:04:00 PM

    Wow...this is wonderful and I really enjoyed every thought and word. Your talent is amazing...If you have a second or two I would love to have you review some of my work...Blessings always...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1:45:00 AM

    After having read your precious work, I must apologize for my inabilty to articulate more efficiently just how beautiful I think your artistry truly is. Having gotten that sincere formality out of the way, allow me to say I love the way you marry one word to the next, their harmonies sustaining a beautiful melody dal capo al piede. The stanza:
    "Broken dreams?
    Kicked off the team?
    I was once Last one picked"
    makes a perfect haiku on its own right. I do wonder if you really meant to use the word "that" instead of the word "what" in the line: "Misfiled with that you hold dear"? Other than that, I find no flaw, no questionable feature in the entire piece. I've fallen for the way you write. I am left speechless, wanting more.

    - Carry on, Artist, quill in hand. -

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous2:40:00 AM

    Thank you kindly for the 5 gavels.

    - Patric

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous12:25:00 PM

    For me, you have tapped into the poetry that can enable a mind to wander into crevices while also being clear in your delivery and meaning. It is a creative mix of word play and clarity that stumps many. This is a favorite of mine and I will read more definetly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous12:27:00 PM

    this is really very good! I feel the same way sometimes, get me anywhere but here and now! I felt like I was inside your head at the moment that I was reading it, and in some odd way, you were inside mine too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have a wonderful poetic flow

    ReplyDelete