Wednesday, December 15, 2004

POEM: End of Reason

Everyday I can choose a variety of excuses
I have no money, no interest, no time
I end every conversation in a way to create
Safe spaces of I don't need this, I'm fine

I can produce endless reasons for making things right
And I can see that my tomorrows be filled with maybes and mights

But what will I have after years of somedays and no ways?
Will stacks of excuses and reasons
Build dreams day after day?

What can happen
What would be possible
Can we amuse for awhile
If we went to the end of reason
And lived unreasonable the next mile


Copyright ©2004 J. R. Hollyday

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:12:00 AM

    the thoughts are profound and the general method of presentation is in the style that you usually see published in literary magazines... try to fully tap on your talent by not being limited in the flow by rhyming... this piece would shine through free verse, especially that the last verse has the impact content...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:21:00 PM

    The writer to me was putting alot of inner emotions that seem of his past.But that is what a lot of poetry is about. He make a lot of people think about self, makes you think of your past, present. That is a writer that captures your head. Good going don't stop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:50:00 PM

    Here I am again enjoying your work. I love the line "will stacks of excuses and reasons build dreams day after day?" It sounds to me like you enjoy life and like to keep moving. Either that or you have high hopes and are really lazy. I think the former is true. Nice work

    ReplyDelete
  4. Written after playing a game with friends creating as many excuses as possible why I am having trouble working my projects. Reasons and excuses are in storage to limit the experience of living. My response to the game? Live unreasonably. Practice living a life without limiting myself through a ritual of excuse.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11:19:00 PM

    If there ever was a poem about raw reality and truth to every living soul...This is IT! Amazing job. Great description. I see this poem to be famously known someday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous1:40:00 AM

    Great message in so few words ! Brilliant, powerful write with humility and tremendous
    strength. I wish you much success in your future endeavers. Keep writing and sharing(:

    ReplyDelete