Sunday, January 7, 2018

comic con here I come

IMG_1198.JPG
I scored comic con passes for the 5th year in row and I managed to do it this year in my sleep.
It takes some pre-planning and coordination. My number one rule is to have a team ready on registration morning. Our team has at least 3 to 8 people from different cities bright-eyed and ready with everyone's ID and special waiting room links. It gets intense waiting but the adrenaline rush upon landing into the waiting room gets celebrated as we text/chat each other. Hands are shaking as you entered ID numbers and continued listening to who's on deck and who's still in the wings. There's a big wooohoo and sigh of relief as each family member and friend gets their pass. And then it's over in less than an hour. That's how fast comic con gets sold out.
Comic con is a family event for us. It's when we have relatives fly in and the long lines and panels become our points to reunite.
I missed pre-reg this year and I forgot to share my details to my family. My heart was feeling a bit sorry for myself. This will be the first year that my boyfriend will not be onboard; he's now a past tense. We are no longer a dynamic duo. So, this year, after missing pre-registration, I gave my info to my sister-in-law for my final chance at passes during general registration.
Thank God, I had my family on the ready because I did not wake up registration morning! 😵😖 I had a late night helping my friend get back to her family. I was knackered but woke up to my family's text that they got my comic con pass. I Venmo'd my brother-in-law and the mission is successfully closed. 🎉
This geek is looking forward to San Diego Comic Con 2018, hanging out with family and getting a new ornament for my tree. ☺️

JNET

No comments:

Post a Comment