Tuesday, February 23, 2010

If I Hadn't Been in the Habit of Writing...


If I hadn't been in the habit of writing about my world, would I have realized that it is so grand?

Troubled times lends to tunnel vision and I've managed to keep my spirits flying, creativity dancing, and hope still growing despite skirting sadness and strife from neighboring kindgoms, war and deceptions across the river and feeling the momentary weariness that overwhelms me during random seconds of time.

If I hadn't been in the habit of writing, would I have realized that I look at life as poetry, as a dance as well as a sonata? And if I hadn't been in the habit of writing, would I had been able to refer to favorite memories, snippets of conversations that made me all the wiser and see that I have a kingdom of people beside me and before me making the world I experience a magnificent and special place.

Would I had been able to see that I slay dragons and host festivals? Visit wonderlands and weather storms? And see that life never has a boring moment when you play with words, notes, and pictures before an audience of kindred spirits that span the world over.

If I hadn't been in the habit of writing, would I have realized that my solitudes blesses me with creativity and strength and not a day goes by without my recognizing that I am loved and respected enjoying the spaces of my silence to reflect on how amazing the whimsical and revered adventure is. Writing and poetry, dance rehearsals and a few seasons with a ladies Bible study, paced onto travels to foreign lands, podcasting an internet radio show, photoshoots with Candy Wax Cutie and a Toastmasters Club in Toluca Lake.

And if I hadn't been in the habit of writing, would I have realized that as I am a musician, a dancer, a poet; so is everyone? Everyone has a song, a poem and knows when something moves them. And perhaps if they also wrote...

Would they see how grand their world is too?

jnet

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:16:00 AM

    In addition, when life hands you one lemon after another, it's a good idea to become an expert at making lemonade! (and keep a sense of humor)

    sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi sharon... yes, i know about them one after another lemons...thank god, i learned how to make lemonade.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:18:00 AM

    Beautiful! I love every word...you are so poetic! : )

    james

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12:02:00 PM

    Hi J. Hope you are well and fine. Some thoughts for you,

    As to your first question, "would I have realized that it is so grand,"I don't know. Can anyone else know that answer?

    The passage is definitely reflective and may lead others to reflect on the same issues - thinking about things they may not have thought about without reading it. But "who" is the real subject, or object of the discussion, or thought?

    As to the second question, re how others see the grandness of their world, does it assume that others do not already see the grandness of their world? Just thoughts. Hope you are well - -

    hk

    ReplyDelete
  5. hello hk,

    thank you for reading my entries. your questions give me opportunity to reflect even more on my thoughts. they are very good. thank you.

    my writing style is "reflective" on purpose. and i purposely try to keep subject matter sometimes ambiguous in order to invite the reader to try on my thoughts within the contexts of their experience.

    the subject i write on is life, from the voice of "a girl on the go... manifesting her dream life bitty blog by bitty blog"... i imagine that most my readers are like-minded... people on the go, wanting to build a beautiful and meaningful life.

    the real subject is... you and your life... while you try on my thoughts :)

    right now, i've been feeling blue - writing and reading past experiences keep me moving forward. i'm very particular about what to write and when and how.... the structure that i have created in presenting my writing is my personal evolution... written in a way that i hope is useful to others...

    wishing to only share honestly to be useful to others and being mindful to not rant and complain or become egotistical and therefore not being a writer that makes a difference.

    i hope what you've read has been useful :)

    Jnet

    ReplyDelete